Friday, January 29, 2010

Home Sweet Home

As I write Daniel has already begun the process of moving all of his things (mostly books :)) into what will be our first home. We found this adorable little townhouse while apartment searching last Fall, and it turned out to be the best deal. We'll be located less than 5 miles from RTS, and about 5 miles from the nearest shopping center. We're in a small community of townhomes, with tennis courts and a swimming pool at our disposal. We'll even have a guest room for visiting family and friends (hint, hint). Pictures will be up when I can actually get some. But we are SO excited about our first real home.

In the meantime, my thoughts are full of decorating ideas. So, this morning I headed out with my two littlest sisters to Goodwill. Sometimes you can find some great deals, and today I came home very, very happy. :)


I found this 64oz. vase for $5 with the tags still on it- Italian glass, whatever that means ;-). I love the shape of it. Considering you can buy something similar brand-new at Crate and Barrel for $20-$30, I thought it was a bargain.



I found this Lincoware kettle for $4, again brand-new. It took me awhile to get over the green heart, but I've decided it's adorable. The one I registered for at Macy's was $40.

So, this is by far my FAVORITE thing.  Pier 1 find for $2. Material is raw satin and taffeta. I'm going to add some material to the sides of it to convert it into a shower curtain.

So, that's what we're up to... Daniel's busy lifting heavy boxes and furniture, and I'm out shopping to my heart's content. :-P
Part III is soon to come- I promise!








No comments:

Post a Comment