Tuesday, November 29, 2011

25 Weeks!

Before pregnancy weeks used to seem so short. They also seemed uneventful. Things used to go in months - "this month we are..." "last month we did..." "next month we might..." you know how it goes. Now, everything is measured in weeks, and I cannot believe how long each week is! I hear they only get longer, too. 

I also thought, "There's no way I'll take a belly shot every week. How can a bump grow and change that fast?"

Ha.

They do. Seriously. Sometimes I think my bump grows by the hour. (And depending on what I have or have not eaten it actually might.)

So, here we are. Week 25. This is the first week of Month 6, and for the next 4 weeks baby will be around the length and size of an eggplant. :) In English units, that's somewhere around 13.5 to 15 inches, and 1.5 to 2.2 pounds. And eggplant seems huge. 2.2 pounds seems tiny.

Today at the grocery store the lady behind the deli counter asked, "Is this your first?" I think my eyes got twice their size, "What?!" "Is this your first?" "O, um... yes. You're the first one to actually notice!" Haha. Turns out she was 15 weeks pregnant, and noticed me and wondered, then she saw me rubbing my belly while waiting in line. I was beaming for an hour afterwards! LoL.



 How far along?: 25 weeks
Total Weight Gain: somewhere between 10-15
Maternity clothes? Pants, yes, unless they're stretchy waist. Some shirts. Maternity clothes have helped me feel a lot more comfortable with this changing body, and a lot more happy with it! :)
Stretch marks? no
Sleep: I think my husband likes the body pillow more than I do. I tried to put it on my side of the bed one night, and he asked if I could put it back in the middle! ;) Sleep is pretty good.
Best moment this week: Worked a bit on organizing and arranging things in the nursery. So excited to get the furniture at Christmastime! O, and I found 4 new outfits while thrifting this week! (pictures soon)
Movement: Movement slowed down a little this week ... Nothing too concerning though. Still most active at night.
Cravings: Not really
Gender Predictions: Still thinking girl - that's two weeks straight
Labor Signs: no
Belly Button in or out? half and half
What I miss: My sister - O, is this supposed to be pregnancy related? 
What I am looking forward to: Being pregnant over Christmas!
Weekly Wisdom: Be kind to your un-pregnant husband. He doesn't have the urge to rearrange every piece of furniture like you do.
Milestones: Reached 6 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment