Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Two Years

This day two years ago I married my best friend.


He is still my best friend today.

It's been a joy-filled year, this second year of marriage. We created life, and brought it into the world. We began a new adventure in ministry, and moved to a new home.

We've learned how to better love one another this year. We've learned how to serve one another more sincerely.

We honestly have a ton of fun together. We laugh A LOT.


We have learned how to communicate more clearly, and it has blessed us and our unity.


Sometimes, often-times, it's like the honeymoon never ended.

Today we are apart. I am aching for my husband. But his text messages and phone calls make him feel not-quite-so-far-away, and tonight we'll Facetime. Technology is great.

We celebrated a new marriage with two of our best friends on Saturday. It has made me incredibly reminiscent of that time two years ago - when we were the ones on the honeymoon, when we were the ones who couldn't let the other out of eyesight, who couldn't let ten minutes go by without kissing, again. Those newlywed days are the best...


But then, these days are the best, too.

Our love has grown and matured. It has deepened. And I'm still happiest with his hand in mine, and a kiss every hour.

I don't love him any less than I did two year ago. In fact,  I love him more. More than I ever thought I could.


And if I love him this much after just two years, what will it be like in fifty?? I'm eager to see!

Daniel, thank-you for marrying me. For sacrificing your life daily for my happiness, and for giving of your own joy, for mine. Thank-you for your hard work, for your patience, for your tenderness and love. Thank-you for how you teach and lead me. For your prayers for and with me. I was the happiest girl in the world on June 5, 2010, and I still am. You are God's greatest gift to me. I adore you.


photos by Mary Kathryn | www.marykathrynphoto.com

1 comment: