Friday, March 15, 2013

Spring Mantel

When we moved into our little old house a year ago, I was so excited about the mantel. I always had dreams of decorating it for the season, as I've seen other bloggers do. At Christmastime, I managed to do a little, and now for Spring I pulled together what I have and got this. It's not much, but for starters, I'm happy.

I had fun during naptime one day cutting shapes for this bunting and hot glueing the pieces of paper onto a long line of twine. Simple, but cheery!
 Ralphie let me borrow some of his blocks for our little Welcome Spring message! 
 I layered some of the pictures I generally keep on the mantel with the spring pictures I took of Ralphie last year when he was itty bitty. The colors pulled together well.

Welcome Spring! We are so ready for you around this house! 
Bring on the warmer weather, the chilly breezes, the warm sunshine. We're ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment