Friday, May 13, 2011

Little Red Shelf

I found this junky little shelf in the dumpster back in the fall. It was exactly what we needed by the front door for our keys, green bags and flip flips. I found it so useful it's taken me nearly six months to finally get it refinished! Of course I forgot to take a before picture... It had sat out in the rain for several days - I'm guessing, because the stain was nearly completely gone, and there were water bubbles under the wood. This made it especially easy to sand down. I got some pretty red paint from Wal-Mart and voila!



I had forgotten about my little shelf and vase of flowers Monday when I came home from work. As soon as I opened the front door I couldn't help but smile! Hopefully soon, I'll be able to put fresh flowers on the shelf once my wildflowers and zinnas bloom (which they are slowly but surely!)


One of my favorite things is the space on the bottom of shelf for a basket. We put our outgoing mail, keys, and anything else we need when we're leaving the house.

1 comment: