Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dear Legalism, I hate your stinkin' guts.

You make me vomit.

I hate you so much I could swear.

How many tears have I bitterly wept on account of your lies?

How many Christians have you ruined through suffocation?

You say that our works matter. That we must live perfect lives. That our humanness is a fault to be conquered.

How many children have you chased away from Jesus because of your impossible demands?

How many weak victims fall prey to your brood of vipers?

You are a slow killer, and Satan's best weapon against the gospel of Jesus Christ.

O, Legalism, you are a heavy burden.

Do you not know that Jesus Christ died to destroy the weight of sin?

His work is easy, His burden is light. And in Him we can rejoice, and be comforted, renewed, and redeemed.

Legalism, your power is fleeting. You may seem strong, but Christ is stronger.

Sincerely,
          Ashlee

p.s. And, Legalism, I hate your brother Antinomianism, too. I'll yell at him later.

"Let it be known to you, therefore, that through Jesus Christ, forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, and by Him everyone who believes is freed from everything from which you could not be free by the law..." (Acts 13: 38-39)

1 comment:

  1. This HAS to be my favorite blog post.... This needs to be framed and hung in front of our mirrors to be read every morning! I love you ASH! - Car

    ReplyDelete