Monday, February 6, 2012

Photography Challenge

Well, starting the photography challenge with a self-portrait and "what I wore today" turned out to be much harder than I anticipated. Especially when I attempted to take the pictures at 10 o'clock at night in a badly lit house. Thanks Rachel, for helping me through it, and encouraging me not to throw my camera at the wall. :)

The "what I wore today pictures" didn't come out so great. They were way to warm for starts, and I'm not exactly sure what is in focus. hehe. I'm learning. Now I know that I can change my white balance to tungsten light to cool down the lighting, and turn my ISO up so more light can get in. And balance the exposure. That seems to help a ton! 



Y'all can learn photography with me, K? K.

Day 2 went much, much better. First, the natural afternoon light I got by taking the self portrait in the car, rather than at 10 o'clock in my orange house made a huge difference. Also notice in each picture my left eye (which is the eye on the right side of the camera :-P) is in focus. Now, if only  could figure out how I did that! :-P Here are two pics straight out of the camera:



And here they are touched up a little bit ... Still learning how and what to edit - what do you think?



Day 3 for the challenge was Clouds. But there were so many clouds on Saturday that I didn't bother. I'll catch up with that day soon. Day 4: Something Green

Hehe. I'm still having a hard time making indoor pictures not turn out warm and orange colored... But as far as "green things" go, this green water bottle is my favorite. It goes with me everywhere. And it's green colored and "green" because it's reusable! Ha! (Clever me).



Day 5 and 6 were from a high angle and from a low angle. Interesting how perspective is everything, huh?




Cheers!!

2 comments:

  1. Ashlee, it was no problem!!! :D Love your results. The editing looks great! And my pics look the same when they're indoor....I don't think there's too much you can do about that. :-/ Black and white conversion is my best trick, haha. :P Awesome job!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rach! You are so encouraging!

    ReplyDelete