Sunday, September 4, 2011

Thirteen Weeks




My sister is 34 weeks pregnant with twins. She passed up the "bump" phase, but reminded me that though the changes may be ever so slight, looking back on them when I'm 34 weeks will be so fun. So, I asked Daniel to take a picture of my baby bump. His eyes twinkled, "What baby bump?" Maybe it's not much, but I'm starting to feel my tummy rounding, and can definitely not "hold it in" anymore. :)

Pregnancy Update
How far along?: 13 weeks - one more week of the 1st trimester!
Total weight gain/loss: nothing
Maternity clothes? not yet... soon??
Stretch marks? nope
Sleep:  O, I love it.
Best moment this week: Hearing our sweet little one's heart beat!
Movement: not that I can feel - but the midwife said Baby is very active! She had to chase him/her with the doppler to get the heartbeat.
Cravings: Before this week, anything strawberry was a hit. Now, I love fig newtons and raspberry lime seltzer water.
Gender Predictions: Daniel recently told friends, "If it's a girl, we're putting her up for adoption." It's not the first time he's said it, but of course he's joking! That said, some days I *hope* it's a girl, just to show him. I can never tell if I have mother's intuition or if I just want what I want.
Labor Signs: no
Belly Button in or out? no comment.
What I miss: being able to make dinner every night without wanting to gag.
What I am looking forward to: My "bump" emerging, getting to wear maternity clothes, and the ultrasound in six weeks!
Weekly Wisdom: My best bet for keeping the nausea at bay is to snack lightly and frequently. I skipped a snack yesterday afternoon because we were going out to eat with friends, and by time we got to the restaurant I was so nauseous I was probably no fun at all.
Milestones: almost out of the 1st trimester!


1 comment: