Saturday, October 1, 2011

17 Weeks



Pregnancy Update
How far along?: 17 weeks.
Total Weight Gain: < 5 pounds - some of my jeans are getting hard to buckle! At my last appointment the nurse said, "O, good. You've managed to gain a little weight." Lol. Were we ever really worried about it??
Maternity clothes? Planning to do some shopping later this month! I'm hoping for a display-able bump for Halloween so I can paint it orange and put a spooky face on it. ;)
Stretch marks? nope
Sleep: eh... it's alright. Not as bad as it will be, I know, so I won't complain yet.
Best moment this week: Had another midwife appointment, and got to hear Baby's heartbeat again. Baby was wildly active, and made the midwife and I laugh out loud. About every three seconds the steady ba-boom-ba-boom of his/her heart would be interrupted by a THUMP! Someone thinks it's fun to do back hand springs off of mommy's uterus. :-D So thankful for a healthy baby!
Movement: still not yet, but I lay very still and feel for it every morning and night. :)
Cravings: Strawberries are still my go-to.
Gender Predictions: Still thinking boy... but, I have fallen in love with a new little girls name, and have found myself hoping for a girl, just so I can use it sooner rather than later! :-P
Labor Signs: no
Belly Button in or out? In. And here's to hoping it'll pop!
What I miss: nothing
What I am looking forward to: I feel like I am at this turning point in the pregnancy just waiting for so many things! It's such an exciting period. I'm looking forward to my belly growing, buying maternity clothes, having our first ultrasound, registering, and reaching the half-way mark! God is good.
Weekly Wisdom: Exercise!
Milestones: See above

No comments:

Post a Comment