Saturday, October 15, 2011

I am not a baker.

Honest. Ask any of my family members, and they'll agree. I still try, though, and along the way there are a few things I've learned... like: softened butter is not melted, vanilla brings out chocolate's flavor, you will not die if you eat cookie dough, mixing wet and dry separately is important, and...

sometimes if you halve (or double) a baking recipe the results are not the same. I've found this especially true with cookies and breads.

For families of 10 this is not a problem. 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies get eaten quickly. But, for families of 2 (or even 4) making a whole batch of chocolate chip cookies yields more than can be moderately consumed and a reasonable amount of time.

So, what to do, what to do?

Well, here's what I did recently, and I'm so happy with the prospect of it!

Place clumps of cookie dough on a baking sheet like you would to bake, only put them in the freezer until firm, instead.


Place in freezer-safe container in groups of 1 dozen.



Stack and Freeze! Next time friends come over, or you just have to have a cookie, pull out as many as needed, let thaw, and bake.


p.s. (I've also discovered you're much less likely to eat raw frozen cookie dough, than baked, frozen cookies.)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, that's a great idea! I'll have to remember that.

    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never thought of that before! Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete