Friday, December 2, 2011

Our 2nd Christmas Tree

We didn't wait as long this year to get our Christmas Tree. In fact, when we decided we would be staying in Charlotte for Thanksgiving someone (can't remember if it was Daniel, or me) suggested we get our Christmas tree on Friday (a week ago). Score!

It was after 5pm when we finally headed out, so pictures were pretty much pointless with the point and shoot. I didn't even bother. Besides, true confession: We bought it at Wal-mart! Not that exciting, right? It is a locally grown tree, though, so I feel a little better about it. At least it won't die in two weeks. :-P

It's absolutely adorable. We tossed around the idea of a full-sized tree, rather briefly. It was Daniel who actually insisted on a small one, again. We just loved our Christmas tree last year! Plus, they were half the price. More $$ to spend on presents - or dog food.


Ain't it adorable? :-D

Last year Daniel bought some ornaments for me to help cover the branches. This year, I made a few special ones to add to our collection.


I started with these globes from Michael's. I found 3 in the as-is clearance for like $3 total, because one globe was missing.

I knew I wanted to use one for our wedding invitation. I still had not had our invitation framed, and had actually thrown it out, expecting not to use it for anything. I saw a suggestion on Pinterest, though, to stuff a wedding invitation inside one of these globes, and I loved the idea. I'm thinking it will be our "1st Christmas" ornament that we didn't have until our 2nd Christmas. :-P


The possibilities are endless. I might spruce all of these up with some glitter, ribbon and other pretty accessories eventually, but for now, I'm still pretty happy with them. :)

The one below contains roses from our first date, with a slip of paper that has the date of our first date on it.

Finally... :) This one is self-explanatory. This is our "2nd Year" ornament. The papers inside have the due date, and some of our favorite Bible verses about children.



O! And the stockings are up, too. :)


Are you in the Christmas spirit?? I am! So excited to get baking and shopping for the most wonderful time of the year!

1 comment:

  1. Your tree is so ADORABLE! :D And we have a fake one, so don't feel so bad about getting yours at WAL*MART. :P

    ReplyDelete