Friday, July 13, 2012

Remember

We're visiting Daniel's mom down in Florida, who is preparing to move to Ohio in a month. Amidst the hustle of packing boxes, clearing out closets and drawers, and sorting through what to keep, and what to get rid of, there's Ralphie. And as I was changing his diaper this afternoon, he was simply irresistible. Grabbing his toes and grinning up at me with his whole little face, blue eyes twinkling. 

These are the moments I want to remember. The moments I want to think back on and feel. 

I love that a photograph can capture that for me. 

With the close of my shutter an image is frozen, and a memory is timeless. 

In days to come, I will look at these images and remember

Delight

joy

growth
   
beauty
  
fascination

infatuation

and love.

In months to come I can look at these pictures and remember the warmth of his skin

 the joy of his smiles, and perfection of his features.


I'll remember his infectious happiness

and his sweet voice.

  his baby breath, and velvet skin


And in years to come I will look at these images and remember the miracle of his life. 
Amidst the busy-ness, amidst the mundane, amidst the broken, God gives us life, and it's beautiful.



"Every good and perfect gift comes from above, 
from the Father of lights in whom there is no change or variation." James 1:17

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 13, 2012

    This was so beautiful, I loved every bit of it. What a... just a wonderful thing it is to be a mother! I'm so joyful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are just lovely. The soft light, and the adorably perfect baby. Ralphie is just so big! No more of that newborn "lie on your back and cry stuff"; he's onto explore his feet! :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete