Saturday, September 29, 2012

Project:365

Having a baby put a halt on the photography challenge that I never really did a very good job with anyway. Then, I tried to incorporate my baby into a photography scheme doing the A is for series and lost objects somewhere between books and eggs... Besides, I got the impression that y'all were a little sick of seeing pictures of Ralphie on his belly with obscure objects skewed in front of him. ;)

But when my sweet husband bought me my camera back in January, there was a condition. The condition was that I spend several months learning to use my camera, and slowly work towards beginning a part time photography business. In my ever-practical husband's eye, spending several hundred dollars on a camera was not worthwhile, unless we would eventually get our money back.

This is the same practical husband who said we couldn't visit family in Scotland for vacation over Christmas, but was insistant that I fly to Scotland in early November to help my sister and her family upon the arrival of my new niece.

He really is so sweet. I love him.

So, that's what I've been doing. Little by little. Workshop here, reading there, talking to friends, following other photographers online, and of course, taking as many pictures as I can. It's been a blast, and I have loved every minute of it. Our friends have been especially helpful letting me "practice" on them. This has been the best practice of all. You can read all you want, but nothing replaces experience!

Sooner, rather than later, I'll be launching my very own photography website! I am so excited, though I'll admit, I'm terribly frightened, too.

Beginning a business takes vulnerability. You're putting your heart out on the line, and succeed or fail, there you are.

I'm trusting the Lord will bless this, though. I'm hopeful that it will be something that I can enjoy, and use to serve my family.

As a step forward, to encourage me to continue to use my camera, perfect my brand, and build my online presence, my friend Ashley and I are doing a 365 Project.

Beginning October 1st, for the next year, we will be taking a picture every single day. I will post most pictures to Facebook, and perhaps some on here.

We'd love if you followed along! And if you have a camera, join in the fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment