Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Noah!

In the autumn of 1996 my six-year-old self was unloading the dishwasher when Mom announced to all of us that she was going to have a baby. I remember my heart skipping several beats, and I was immediately overflowing with joy. About nine months later, four little heads sat at around, past bedtime, waiting, waiting, waiting for the phone call. When our grandma finally answered the much awaited call I ran out the front door in excitement and shouted to the sleeping neighborhood, "IT'S A BOY!!!"


And it was a boy, and now he's practically all grown up. At 13 he isn't our little "Boo" anymore. He is a strong, caring young man, who wants those he loves to be the best they can be, and to be happy. He loves cars, and spends his spare time learned and studying as much as he can about them.

For his birthday Daniel and I sent him a homemade card. I went into Target to buy one, and walked out frustrated that I was being asked to pay so much for two pieces of paper. So I found a card I liked, and went home and copied it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment